McDonald's would like to invite all HBCU Students, alumni, friends, and supporters to participate in an esports event at Morris Brown College. Take a tour of the brand new Ronald Floyd Thomas Center for Esports and Innovation, and sign up to compete in a Call of Duty Warzone Duos tournament.
Continuing McDonald's support for HBCU students, they have partnered with Morris Brown College to host this event and promote the future of education through esports.
Morris Brown College will have information on their new Esports Performance Certification, providing students with college credit and skills in event management, communications, gameplay, coaching, exercise science, and more. They will also showcase their scholarship fund available for students accepted into the esports program.
The McDonald's food truck will be parked out in front of the building, to provide your favorite meals. Freeplay gaming and equipment will also be set up for those who would like to try it out. RSVP on eventbrite to secure your spot to compete in the Call of Duty Warzone Duos competition.
Call of Duty Warzone Tournament Rules:
- Teams should be formed with two players each.
- Each team will be competing in the Warzone Battle Royale Duos game mode.
- Individuals without a partner, may still compete alone by choosing to not fill their squad.
- We will help match or provide partners for solos that wish to team up.
- Each team will have at least one game to capture their highest score.
- Players will be able to play additional games, pending the number of total signups and availability.
- Scores will be reported to the Tournament Organizer on-site after each game.
- Players must be on-site in order to compete in the tournament.
- All players must use the provided account on the provided machine.
- Gameplay will take place on a PC with mouse and keyboard. Players can bring their own controller if they prefer.
- The team with the highest score will win the tournament and receive a prize.