Tory Lanez‘s Sentencing Date Moved Back

According to FOX 11 Los Angeles, a judge has set a new date of February 28 due to Lanez changing attorneys. His sentencing was previously scheduled for January 2, roughly a month after he was found guilty of shooting Megan in the feet during a drunken dispute in the Hollywood Hills in July 2020. One of Tory’s new attorneys, David Kenner — who is Suge Knight’s former attorney and helped Snoop Dogg beat his 1993 murder case — told Superior Court Judge David Herriford he was waiting for transcripts from last month’s trial so the defense could prepare a motion for a new trial. Kenner told reporters the defense looked forward to litigating the latest portion of the case, but refused to say what grounds will be specified in the defense’s post-conviction motions. Lanez has remained in jail without bail since the December 23 verdict after beingconvicted of one felony count each of assault with a semi-automatic firearm, discharging a firearm with gross negligence and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle.


Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content